Client looking to outsource PV activities to focus on core business activities and compliance function
- Need to increase the resources available for PV activities without increasing company assets
- Interest to have support from PV experts and collaborate with a service provider focused on PV
- Mitigate the risk of quality issues raised during inspections from health authorities
Quality issues raised during inspections related to the source data
- Client needs to handle increased workload in Pharmacovigilance
- Need to reorganize Pharmacovigilance activities outsourcing those that can be easily trained and transferred
- Client looking for an external provider to focus on PV and extensive experience in safety writing
German affiliate of a large US company requiring maintenance support for local GDP Quality and PV Systems
- Looking for alternatives for their current cooperation with 2 freelancers for maintenance activities (one for GDP, one for PV). Wish to have one consultant for both areas
- Customer considered his GDP Quality and PV Systems up-to-date
- Limited internal staff and local know-how
- Local PV-responsible requested
- Specified operational GDP- and PV activities requested
Newly founded German affiliate needed short-termbusiness readiness
- Globally acting company (small-medium size) founded a German affiliate due to re-organization
- Affiliate needed business readiness on short term (termination of contracts for precious business solutions, own sales)
- Design of a new GDP Quality System (needed to apply for and obtain WDA*)
- Local Pharmacovigilance support and provision of the local PV-responsible
- Lean processes (limited resources)
Client in need of expertise for IND development and FDA interaction for First-in-Human study
- European SME beginning first discussions with the FDA regarding IND development and submission of an ADC product for an advanced cancer indication
- Intent to gain agreement on completed nonclinical program to support first in-human (FIH) study
Mid-size pharma company with personnel shortage for Medical Information Services
- Mid-size pharmaceutical company acquiring well-established European OTC product portfolio from global pharmaceutical company
- Personnel shortage therefore outsourcing of Medical Information (MI) support for DE / CH / AT / PT / GR / HU / CZ / NO / SE
- PharmaLex project lead support company’s project leads working in collaboration with internal functions and MI call center vendor on tasks related to oversight and management of MI support
Client was a global large pharma company
Due to personnel shortages client was in need of support for:
- PQCs documentation and management of field sample retrieval
- Technical and medical queries documentation in a harmonized way that allows extracting of patterns and data for quarterly / yearly reports
- Advance knowledge in Pharmacovigilance that allows the team to recognize adverse events and medication errors quickly and efficiently
Full service Post-Marketing Pharmacovigilance and Medical Information Services for large nutritional health company
Rapid set up and go live for PV and Med Info Services
- Large nutritional health company with newly acquired Rx products in US and Canada required urgent full support with all PV activities, Medical Information contact center services, as well as data migration of cases from prior MAH
- New to prescription drug market with 3-week timeline to take over PV and Call Center responsibilities
- Need of additional support for NDA maintenance support, promotional materials development and review, and product complaint management
- US company developing a modified release formulation for an existing active ingredient needed full support with all routine PV activities, as well as migration of the global safety database
- Expanding to new markets and awaiting approval in EU and Canada
- Needed support for introduction of new products into the EU as well as further expansion in the US
- Needed local presence in the EU to liaise with their marketing partners without the need to set up their own infrastructure
- Dynamic growth of company required flexible up- and down-scaling of resources
European client entering a pivotal program in a competitive market
- EU based company developing a gastrointestinal product in a competitive and controversial market (opioids)
- The company intends to pursue adaptive Phase 2/3 clinical program to expedite late-stage development
- Company intent to gain agreement from FDA on completion of non-clinical and CMC (quality) program to support marketing approval
Global innovator company.
- Wanted to outsource parts of their mature product portfolio.
- >60 products in different therapeutic areas
- 430 MAs in Europe, 1,900 MAs internationally (incl. CN, AUS, CAN).
- Scope of PharmaLex support:
- Full regulatory product responsibility
- GRA CMC Manager
- All publishing and submission activities
- Piloting of PV and Medical Affairs interface.
Large global portfolio to be managed while client organization underwent drastic transformations
- Portfolio of 35 products in scope.
- Client went through several significant changes in internal organization in a short timeframe.
- Multi-supplier situation.
- Major remediation needs regarding change control and labeling.
Large unstructured source repository and limited timeframe
- Diverse stakeholders within M&A activity.
- Short preparation timelines.
- Regulatory activities across the world (EU, CIS, APAC, MENA, Africa, LATAM).
- Part integration into client Quality systems.
Start-up Pharma company with no REG, PV, Quality infrastructure with urgent need for Programme Governance to be established
- Major pharma portfolio asset purchase (approx. 20 products and 450 MAs, across 47 markets) .
- No ability to support program governance of multi-functional Regulatory Affairs (RA), Pharmacovigilance (PV) and Quality Management (QM) operational activities
- Required urgent support to provide operational activities and oversight, with the ability to establish an appropriate program governance model as required for a Pharmaceutical company.
Start-up Pharma company with no REG, PV, Quality systems infrastructure, processes and limited personnel
- Client start-up with major pharma portfolio asset purchase (approx. 20 products and 450 MAs, across 47 markets).
- Client has no Regulatory Affairs (RA), Pharmacovigilance (PV) and Quality Management (QM) capacities in-house (neither globally nor locally) to take care of the acquired portfolio and no established systems, tools or processes.
- Needed support to handle all MAH transfers and subsequent maintenance activities for RA, PV and QM on global and local level.
Need for significant M&A strategy experience and expertise to support development of divestment framework
- Needed expert support for the negotiation phase of a significant divestment of a business unit, during negotiation and strategy development phases.
- Wanted external support to contribute to separation agreement, transitional service agreements (TSAs) and marketing authorization transfer (MAT) planning / implementation phases
- Challenge to simplify the complexity of MATs to a simple model for ease of communication.
Reluctance to compute tolerance intervals
- Needed support with the preparation of Module 3 and corresponding Module 2.3 documents for drug substances and drug products:
- To reflect the current status of manufacturing process and state of the scientific art analytical procedures
- To close gaps and achieve GMP compliance of regulatory documentation.
- Required on-going lifecycle management for all drug product licences needed.
Lack of capability of handling unpredictable and fluctuating amount of cases
- Client required outsourced PV service.
- QPPV, database set-up and maintenance case management (clinical and post-marketing).
- Case workflow set-up from initial receipt to reporting.
- Listings and query support from database.
- Reporting compliance responsibility.
- PSMF maintenance.
Local affiliates require support for mature product portfolio in DE / FR / IT
Global life science company.
- Responsible for product portfolio needed.
- Handling of local tasks and procedure management handled by one person on client site.
- Contact person for HA requests needed.
- Ability to correspond fluently in local language is crucial.
Market specific CTA applications for a multi-country EU Phase III clinical trial
- Assistance required to review core documentation.
- Authoring of local documentation for country specific submissions.
- Assistance with competent authority and ethics committee communication.
- Support with handling of substantial amendments to competent authorities and ethics committees, as required.
Support for timely approval of a Phase II clinical trial in the US and UK
- Required assistance in IND authoring, eCTD publishing and FDA Agent activities for submission to FDA.
- Alongside support in authoring of IMPD and local documentation required for submission to MHRA.
Needed expertise for biosimilar regulatory strategy and support with execution
Environmental Risk Assessment accepted by environmental agency; costs manageable
- Client developed antiseptic lozenges for the treatment of sore throat.
- Support was needed for compilation of an ERA.
- Scope of required studies was unclear.
- High costs for anticipated experimental study set.
- Scientific Advice meeting at environmental agency required.
- Contract research laboratories required for experimental work.