DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION / Website
1. Name and contact details of company as well as company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing processes at:
PharmaLex GmbH (hereinafter: PharmaLex),
Bahnstraße 42–46, 61381 Friedrichsdorf, GERMANY
Phone: +49 (0)621 18 15 38 – 0
Fax: +49 (0)621 18 15 38 – 20
PharmaLex has a company data protection officer who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of data usage
a) When visiting our website
When you visit our website www.pharmalex.com, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your active submission thereof and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL – the previously visited page),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensuring easy use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- Further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. In no case will we use the collected data to draw conclusions about you as an individual.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented according to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis.
When signing up for promotional news such as newsletters (which includes service & industry news), the data you provide will be used exclusively for this purpose.
We require your name and a valid e-mail address for an effective registration. In order to verify that a registration is actually carried out by the owner of an e-mail address, we use the “opt-in” or “double opt-in” procedure, depending on country specific requirements. The data will only be used for sending the newsletter and will not be passed on to third parties.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of your data and its use for sending newsletters at any time. In every newsletter you will find a corresponding link. You can also unsubscribe at any time directly on our company’s homepage or send us your request via the contact details given at the end of this document.
If you no longer wish to receive advertising oriented towards your interests, you can object at any time free of charge and with effect for the future by using the unsubscribe function or sending an e-mail to email@example.com
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the contact form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who has sent the request and to allow us to respond. Supplementary information can be provided voluntarily. The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting you according to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
Your business contact information which is collected by the contact form is stored and processed for promotional communication from PharmaLex. By ticking the box on the contact form, you have given consent to use your data for promotional services. This allows PharmaLex to store, process and use your data for promotional communication (provision of Whitepapers, Newsletters, Webinars, Promotional Materials, Events). If you no longer wish to receive advertising oriented towards your interests, you can object at any time and with effect for the future by using the unsubscribe function or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Data disclosure to third parties
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your consent according to Art.6 §1 of the GDPR.
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of your personal data.
- this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation pursuant to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR, and this is legally permissible and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you pursuant to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR.
The information stored in the cookie is specific to the device used during each individual session. However, this does not mean that we are aware of your identity.
The data processed by cookies is required for the mentioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below are used by us and carried out on the basis of Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimized.
On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate page visits for the purpose of optimizing our offer. These interests are considered justified and are in accordance with the before mentioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as;
- Browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- Referrer URL,
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server located in the U.S. and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages.
This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment to a specific individual is not possible (IP masking).
If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record and evaluate the use of our website for the purpose of optimization. Google Adwords will set a cookie (see paragraph 4) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google ad.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to compile conversion statistics for those Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
We use social plug-ins of the social networks LinkedIn and Twitter on our website on the basis of Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR in order to raise the awareness of our company. The underlying advertising purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for data protection-compliant operation must be guaranteed by the respective provider.
The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place in the way of the so-called two-click method in order to protect our website visitors in the best possible way.
Our website uses social media plugins from LinkedIn to personalize their use. For this we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE”-button. This is an offer from LinkedIn.
When you access a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to LinkedIn. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from LinkedIn to your browser and integrated into the website. By integrating the plugins, LinkedIn receives the information that your browser contains the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a LinkedIn account or are not currently logged in to LinkedIn. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a LinkedIn server located in the U.S. and stored there.
If you are logged on to LinkedIn, LinkedIn can directly associate your visit to our website with your LinkedIn account.
If you press the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted to LinkedIn and stored. The information is also published on LinkedIn and displayed to your LinkedIn friends / followers.
LinkedIn may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and demand-oriented design of LinkedIn pages. Hereto, LinkedIn creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on LinkedIn, to inform other LinkedIn users about your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with the use of LinkedIn.
If you do not want LinkedIn to associate the information collected through our website with your account, you must log out of LinkedIn before visiting our website.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by LinkedIn as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the
Our website contains plugins of the short message network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter) integrated. You can recognize the Twitter plugins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
When you access a page of our website that contains such a plugin, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server.
Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the contents of our pages on your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate the visit of our pages with your user account.
We would like to point out that, as the provider of the pages, we are not aware of the content of the data transmitted or how it is used by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to associate your visit to our pages, please log out of your Twitter account.
7. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, deletion, restriction or objection of processing of personal data, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data, where the personal data was not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- In accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR you can demand without delay the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- To request the deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- In accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- In accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
- In accordance with Art. 7 § 3 of the GDPR, you can revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer process data based on this consent
- To complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR.
As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 §1 of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, on the grounds relating to your particular situation or the objection is directed against promotional materials. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com
9. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Accuracy and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and effective as of May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration. You can access and print the most current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://www.pharmalex.com/data-protection.