- My career path spans over 25 years in the Pharma industry working in both Ireland and the UK.
- Starting out as a QC Analyst at the beginning of my career, fresh out of WIT.
- I have held various roles across Quality Assurance, Quality Systems, Compliance and Validation working across multiple companies in the fields of API’s, Manufacturing (Commercial and Development across various product forms), Storage, Distribution and Transportation.
- My roles have led to travels around the world auditing in India, US, Europe, Russia and Singapore. Most recently my career has focused on quality management and oversight of global and outsourced supply chain and acting as an RP on UK Wholesale Dealers Authorisations.
Senior Manager – Consultant supporting the Pharmalex QMC team and based in the UK
- Showing my age here, but I learned some valuable lessons over the years. Many of these have been from some great Line Managers who have inspired me to develop and learn.
- There is always an opportunity for learning and continuous improvement, even in the most challenging situations. Treat challenging situations as an opportunity to reflect and improve.
- General advice, somethings happen for a reason and it works in our favour.
- Without a Quality Culture in an organisation, its difficult to implement and maintain compliance, within the Pharma industry Quality has to be at the heart of what we do on a daily basis.
- Always go with your gut feeling, if it doesn’t feel right its probably not and its okay to question and challenge established processes and ways of working.
- Helping others to be the best they can be through coaching and guidance.
- Turning challenging situations around. Although the current challenges associated with home schooling of a 5 year old may change this!